Monday, August 4, 2014

One Direction's New Makeup Line: The Looks Collection Review

I was pretty excited to get accepted into this campaign from BrandBacker! My first campaign with them and it was a great one! While I am not an One Direction fan, I am a huge makeup fan! This is their first journey into makeup (and no, it's not makeup for men, like my sister asked) and have come out with three looks in The Looks Collection. The Collection I received was "Up All Night" or to me, The Blue Collection. They have two other collections, "Take Me Home" (the yellow collection) and "Midnight Memories" (the red collection. I would have been pleased with any collection, but blue was the one I was hoping for most!
Each kit comes with a mascara, an eye shadow palette, nail polish, lip gloss, lip stick, eye crayon, and stencils! It also has inside the tin a mini-tutorial on how to use some of the products and the names of each product because they are not on the product themselves (besides the eye shadow palette). 
Up first, is the blue eye crayon named Stand Up. Just like they said it's a chubby eye and body crayon that glides on smoothly and can be worn as liner, shadow or body art. I am a big fan of wearing blue on my lids, mostly as eyeliners, so this is a lovely color for my style. This worked great for blending or being a base to the eye shadows. 
The first of the two lip products is the bright, pink lipstick called 'I Should Have Kissed You.' I'm personally on the fence about the color, not sure if this is a color I can easily pull off, being that I am 27. I feel like someone a tad bit younger than myself could wear it well. Sadly, when I went to use my lipstick the first time, it literally popped out of its holder onto the floor. I put it back in, but was loose and made it difficult to apply, but it still worked how it was supposed to.  The second lip product is a lip gloss that is described as an EN VEDDETTE Liquidlights UV Glow Gloss in the color 'Taken.' It's a neon pink with shimmers and has a nice smell to it - something sweet like cake or cupcakes, lol. I'm a huge fan of the wand that came with the lipgloss. It makes application go on real smooth and the gloss itself isn't really sticky! 

The eyeshadow palette comes with 5 different shades - More Than This, Up All Night, Save You Tonight, Gotta Be You and Another World. My favorite two are the Save You Tonight & Another World blues! They have a creamy texture to them and the two blues seemed pretty pigmented. I had to really build up More Than This, but I'm pretty sure that's meant to be a highlighting color. Up All Night was a color I could do without, the texture (mainly because of the glitter) wasn't my favorite and I'm not a huge of that kind of eye shadow, but it adds to the fun of the palette. 
The nail polish in the color 'Na Na Na' was a beautiful color! Love this shade in general. I would describe it as a turquoise with hints of green! The best results I found was applying 3 coats to get a great pigmented color ! As far as chip resistance, I'm on day 2 and out of my 10 fingers, I'd say 3 are noticeably chipped, and that's with a top coat applied. This color makes me think of the ocean and Summer. My one complaint about this nail polish was the awkward square cap of this nail polish. Never before have I used a nail polish with this sort of top, so maybe it was my lack of experience and everyone else finds it super easy, but it was at times frustrating to maneuver to paint my nails. Not a fan of this type of packing, and chances are I'd probably avoid all nail polishes that come like this simply because of this reason.  
Then there is the Little Black Dress mascara, that is a carbon black volumizing formula. I thought it worked great on my lashes! No real complaints! I enjoyed the size of the wand that they had! It's a personal preference that they be skinny! 

As an added bonus, they included a fun stencil set. I would never wear these for fun, but I'm sure those hardcore One Direction fans would have no issues! 

Overall, I was really impressed with this collection. I would love to check out the other two to see those shades! At this time, I have no idea how much these collections will be just that it's "offered at affordable prices!" Check out below for release dates on when you can expect to see this collection hit stores! :)

<---- My look! ;) Not a pro, just had some fun with it! Would be fun look for a night out! 

DISTRIBUTION:
The line will be available worldwide starting in the U.S. 

US RELEASE DATES:
Macy's - August 11th
Stage Stores – August 25th
Dillards – August 25th
Beauty Brands – August 25th
Lord and Taylor - August 25th

*International release dates TBD. We'll keep you posted!

Check them out on Facebook: MakeupbyOneDirection

This post is powered by Brand Backer! Thank you to Markwins  & Brand Backer for sending me a free sample to review and share. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment