Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Things In My Cupboard: Strawberry Jelly Marshmallows

I bake a lot. When I'm bored the first thing I want to do is bake. So the other day when I was wanting to bake but wasn't willing to break my "don't shop until payday" rule, I was stuck, because I had no eggs and for the life of me I couldn't really come up with anything that didn't call for eggs - not even a boxed cake mix. I decided to scrounge my cupboards for what I could make using whatever I have in the cupboards to which I have lots of random candies and baking goodies. I came across these two items and thought, wow, they are both strawberry flavored and therefore I should combine them somehow! 



I found the Hello Kitty Strawberry Marshmallows at a Japanese Market in Chicago and the candy bar was FREE at Walgreens from my couponing daze! LOOK, there's strawberry jelly inside! ;)




Simple steps now:

I froze the marshmallows for a little bit and melted the chocolate! Once hardened, I rolled the marshmallows into the chocolate and then put them on a ziploc bag to set and that's all folks! Super simple, super silly, but they were pretty good! I liked the Strawberry chocolate a lot more than I thought I would (hence, why I did not eat the chocolate bar by itself!)

Super quick, super simple, super strawberry-y! 

P.s. I realize this doesn't constitute as baking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment