Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 2014 BoxyCharm: America The Beautiful!

This is my 2nd Boxycharm box. Last month's June box is what sealed the deal for me on making me subscribe! For $21 a month, you definitely get your money's worth. This box alone retail values for $128! The even better thing for me personally is the fact that out of the 5 FULL SIZE products/brands, 4 of the brands were new to me! I LOVE learning about new brands of cosmetics and beauty products. That's a huge reason why I subscribe to beauty box subscriptions, because there are tons and tons of companies out there that i have no idea exists.

The contents:
Bellapierre Natural Lip Liner:
I was the least excited about this product. I'm just not a fan of brown lip liner, and it didn't really glide on well when I tested it on my hand.

Appeal Cosmetics Luxurious Lipstick in Kitten:
This is my second Appeal Cosmetics lipstick ever and also not a huge fan of the shade. I don't care for a frost finish type of color, so this just didn't do it for me. I couldn't really see myself wearing it.

Pur-lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer:

I can't believe this stuff is $55! I am a slacker when it comes to moisturizers in the Summer, but this will be great for the Winter when I use this type of product the most because of my dry skin. I have gotten Pur-lisse products in the past but off the top of my head I couldn't recall what
exactly they were. Never had an issue with them, just normally would never pay $55 for a moisturizer.



Bellapierre Shimmer Powder in Harmony:
Love this color! I love golds in general so this was my favorite product from the box! Love that it's 100% hypoallergenic and suitable for all skin types. I am hoping to test this out soon and see how it handles oily skin and Summer humidity!


Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish in Rodeo Drive:
Beautiful red, excited to try a new nail polish brand! Looks great with just one coat! ;)

Overall, a decent box. I think after June's awesome box, it was going to be hard to top that. I'm a bit over Pur-lisse products because I seem to get them in tons of beauty boxes in the past. And, some of the colors of the products I received weren't my style!

No comments:

Post a Comment