Monday, September 29, 2014

Blogging for Books: Sweet

Whoa, was I glad to see this book as an option to blog for. It was just released this month and a week before it's release date, I swear..I had the book in my cart on Amazon. BUT, my side of the brain that scolds me for buying things I don't technically need won that battle and I never got it. But NOW I own it thanks to Blogging For Books, one of the best sites ever.

Yes, it's another cookbook, but this one is entirely devoted to SWEETS (shocked, right?). And, double awesome, is that it's from the editors of one of my favorite magazines Food Network Magazine! 

Food Network Magazine is my favorite because it has lots and lots of photos and bright colors and fun fonts, and so I had assumed that their first cookbook would be no different. I was not disappointed.

The coolest chapter by far is the one entitled Fake Out Cakes. They have a cake that looks like a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich, A Cheeseburger, and a Flowerpot - just to name a few! These are so creative and so awesome on so many levels.

Then there is your typical cupcakes, cookies, pies, frozen treats and holiday desserts that make up this cookbook. Each recipe comes with a high quality photo, too!

Another positive thing to say is that a lot of the treats aren't your typical treats. You're not going to find the same ol' Apple Pie, they have treats like Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake, and Almond Corn Puff Cookies. I think it's easy to get bored with the same old recipes, despite being made a new way or adding an ingredient. This cookbook is fairly unique throughout the entire thing.

There are no complaints from me with this one. This is a fabulous cookbook that anyone who has a sweet tooth (like myself) should own! :)

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment