Thursday, March 27, 2014

Made-For-TV- Vault: Lying Eyes (1996)

First thought: Okay, any movie from the 90's that features The Cranberries is already off to a good start.

Lifetime-y Tagline: Young and Beautiful. She was this year's pick...but somebody else's target.

Starring (aka: famous people you may know): Cassidy Rae showed her face in a few 90's Lifetime Movies, but after googling her it looks like she dropped off the face of the Hollywood earth. I really liked her as an actress - but that was back in the 90's when I thought most of the acting in these movies were decent! Nowadays, not so sure. It's pretty terrible, but that's why we LOVE Lifetime Movies! ;) Vincent Irizarry plays the creepy as all hell, Derek, who likes his ladies young and although a lawyer with young children seems to like to hang around a high school alot. Mmmhmm. 

Lifetime Movie Cliche Attached: Married Older Man Courts Young, Sexy High School Girl Then Someone Tries To Kill Her Out of Jealousy. 

Plot: Wow. I pretty much just told the whole movie plot with that cliche I just wrote. Anyways, I get it, Amy is a young, naive high schooler, she can't possibly know that  her new lover is a married man, right? I mean he DOES tell her she is the only one so that has to be legit then. Well after some time of being love bunnies (so, in Lifetime Movieland - 2 weeks) she starts getting "stalked." First, it's her coat that gets shredded in the gym locker room at school and mean ransom like notes in the mail box. EEEK! Hasn't she ever seen a Lifetime Movie before? RUN, girl, RUN!!! ...But, of course, she doesn't run too far and is often back in the arms of Derek (who annoys me quite a bit!)...

So this is where I haven't made up my mind about this Lifetime Movie posts...do I spill the beans and give away Spoiler of what happens or do I let you watch it for yourself?...I think I will let you watch it for yourself to see who the crazy bat is that is trying to kill Amy. So, that kind of leads me to...

WTF, I know it's a Lifetime Movie, but...I know that Lifetime Movies like to have twists, but the "crazy bat" here comes out of nowhere. Well, sort of. I mean, I can't even remember the first time I watched this movie - probably back in 1996 when I was a  young little lady at 10 - but I think they really wanted you to be shocked! I mean it would be too obvious to go with Derek's wife, right? The Crazy Bat has very little screen time, but I suppose her motive works. Ree Ree Ree! 

Watch it NOW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdchgB-zm-c&list=PLACEA62BEB277950A&index=71

No comments:

Post a Comment