Friday, August 8, 2014

August Allure Sample Society Box

I remember when I was first getting into the 'beauty box craze' - well over a year ago - I always heard the name Sample Society, but for some reason, based off the contents of past boxes, it just never struck me as a box to try out. Apparently though, as of last month, they revamped their boxes. I saw last month's box preview and debated back and forth on whether or not I should buy it. The Laura Mercier highlighter was what was pulling on me to go for that box. Well, I didn't go for that box, but did go for the next one! What hook line and sunk me? The sneak peak #2 of the Too Faced Melted lipstick! I honestly didn't care what else was there, I just wanted that lipstick and paying $15 was amazing to me considering one Melted lipstick cost $21...but...then, I got the box...and I'm probably the only one slightly disappointed...First, I will show you the contents and then explain.

Love the new, bright red box. I'm a forever sucker for cute, bright, fun packaging, and looking at their old packaging this a huge step up!

Contents:


  • Ciate Paint Pots nail polish in the color Cha Cha Cha
  • Oribe Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousee
  • Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Peony
  • Kate Somerville Dilo Oil Restorative Treatment
  • Jane Iredale Longest Lash Thickening And Lengthening Mascara in Black Ice


Looks like a great box, right? Well, it is. BUT, my thing was that I wasn't expecting deluxe samples for everything. I know this is almost entirely MY fault for having way too high of expectations. When, I saw the sneak peak of the Too Faced, I just automatically assumed it would be full size, mainly because I never knew there was a mini version out there. Don't get me wrong, I love the mini version, because I would love ANY size of Melted, but I just wasn't even thinking that way. Even down to the Ciate nail polish, I just wasn't expecting a mini version.

I do really love the booklet that comes with the box. It's very well detailed and really explains what each product is and what it does. For example, I had NO clue what the Oribe was or what it did, so it was nice that this booklet laid it out for me, by telling me it "Helps thickens and adds piecey texture without sacrificing shine or softness." Thanks, Allure! :)


I am really torn .... mainly because I wanted this to be something a bit more. I wanted it to WOW me and it just didn't, but it didn't suck either... I want a box that has SOME full size products.  I have 6 boxes coming this month alone, and being the first time trying this box, I needed it to stand out in order to keep on paying for it! I may stay for Septembers to get a better idea, but these boxes add up, so have to be picky!

No comments:

Post a Comment